Today, February 5th, is the year of the Earth Pig 2019. The pig is the seeker of universal harmony. Pigs enjoy life and other enjoy their company. They tend to be social, compassionate and generous. Pigs seek peace and their good nature can sometimes be taken advantage of. Generally, they are supportive, sincere and cherish what they have.
According to the Chinese zodiac I’m a pig, and it is said that when it is your zodiac year it can be a particular challenging year. That feels a little scary… but the forecast that I’m about to share with you gives me hope and its themes are exciting. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Feng Shui Bliss with the Happy Pig and the Wild Boar!
By Dr. Gabriele Van Zon, Feng Shui Universal
Good News! The year of the Pig is forecast to be peaceful and harmonious. In Chinese astrological forecasts the year of the Wild Boar is perhaps a bit more yang due to a preference for the more masculine aspects of life. In our western culture we are ready for the year of the brown pig, more yin and feminine in character, and ruled by the stability and security of the earth element.
Our vision for the year ahead should reflect the many positive traits of the pig as well as the boar. The Boar is resourceful, intelligent and determined to forge ahead. Clear goals and a plan of action are crucial in laying the groundwork for success in the New Year.
The Pig, a bon vivant and epicurean, likes the finer things in life and longs for all to be well on earth.
On the annual charts of Chinese astrology the elements are well-balanced with emphasis on fire and water. The year is ruled by the earth element which creates a favorable scenario for a nurturing and peaceful environment. According to predictions, the year of the Pig is filled with opportunities for creating wealth and prosperity, more so than recent years.
If we emulate the positive traits of the Pig and follow the basic principles of feng shui, we have an optimal chance of fulfilling our personal wishes. The Pig is self-indulgent and prefers to relax in comfort and luxury. Personal well-being is a must and surroundings should be aesthetically pleasing. The pig personality enjoys tradition and culture with a keen eye for beauty and good taste. Once basic needs for well-being have been met, the Pig is altruistic, kind and generous. In the hierarchy of needs, feng shui always advocates that basic needs have to be met for successful pursuit of higher goals.
Shape your year of the Pig and Wild Boar with feng shui recommendation:
- Create a plan of action and set clear goals.
- Look at your world with the eye of an aesthete.
- Endow objects with an aura of symbolic value.
- Discriminate and pick quality nutrition with the expertise of an epicurean.
- Indulge sensory experiences by engaging all five senses.
- Fill your space with the rich sounds of your favorite music.
- Diffuse Frankincense and Myrrh, the wise men’s gifts of fine scents.
- Use red to spark new ideas and boost energy.
- Create your personal spa ambiance with soft towels and fragrant oils.
- Thus refresh and replenish your energy.
- Use mirrors to reflect your best possessions.
- Use lights to illuminate what’s meaningful and aesthetically pleasing.
- Light up dark corners.
- Favor the earth element by space-clearing earth sectors of the bagua.
- Enhance the center and display a vase to collect the gifts from the universe.
- Connect to your deeper self by meditating.
- Sink into what’s plush and comforting.
- And remember, according to Miss Piggy, “the best things in life are free.”
The pig is the 12th and last in the parade of zodiac animals, therefore the plan of action should include completion. The end of a cycle is always fertile ground for finishing projects and tying up loose ends. With a clean slate the future is wide open for renewal and transformation.